And me, being the sheep (or is it lemming??) that I am, I wanted to be like all the other cool kids! I had to fill it out too!!!
So here you are, for your edification and enjoyment!
1. How old were you when you first went to the movie theatre – what movie did you see? Hmmm, I’m not sure about this one. I can’t really remember the years I lived with my real mom, and my parents weren’t too keen on taking us to a movie theatre. I know my sister went to see Goonies when she was in sixth grade since we were still going to Mrs Harmon’s after school. I was too little to go. Maybe I saw one of the Star Wars? I really have no clue.
2. How old were you when you had your first child(ren)? I was 25 when Gracie was born.
3. How old were you when you had your first real kiss? If we’re talking about pecks with a member of the opposite sex, I was 13. My friend David (is it weird to be talking about one’s first kiss with a guy who actually reads this journal??) and I had gone to Six Flags Great America alone the summer I was 13. His mother and my mom went to college together, so I guess they trusted us. Hehehe. If we’re talking about French kissing, that would be with Mike (don’t laugh, Caroline — you dated him too!) the summer I was 14. We were in his den, and he leans over to me and starts smooching me. As I rode my bike home that afternoon, I felt like I was on cloud nine!
4. How old were you when you went on your first roller coaster ride? Where was it? I think it was probably the summer I was 12 (or was it 11?) when my sister worked at Great America. She convinced me to go on almost every roller coaster in the park, including the stand-up one! I don’t much like roller coasters.
5. When did you get your first cell phone? That was in 2001, when I got my job at the industrial hygiene company. I would have had one earlier, as my ex wanted to donate his old phone to me, but I couldn’t get a contract with Sprint without a job. Kurt got his in the late 90s, and it was a veritable brick. (I said “veritable” and you didn’t! Neener!)
6. How old were you when you got your first car? Again in 2001 when I got my job. The day I got the job offer we went to the dealership, where I picked out a brand spankin’ new silver Chevy Cavalier coupe, which I paid off several months early. I will never again buy a new car. It shall be “pre-owned” from here on out for me.
7. How old were you when you started your first job? What was it? Wow, I feel like I’m starting to repeat myself! My first “real” job was in 2001, when I was a lab technician for an industrial hygiene company in Virginia Beach. My duties included doing all the quality assurance, all the quality control, and a good chunk of the research and development. By the end I was managing the lab, which is funny because my degree is NOT in chemistry. But I was a hard worker. Before that, I worked in customer service at a computer store; I was a clerk in a fabric store; and I worked in Manuscripts and Rare Books at my college library until I was transferred up to Conservation & Preservation one floor up. Those were all during my college years.
8. What was your first alcoholic beverage? My parents let me have sips of wine on occasion. I think I probably had beer as a small kid. But my first real drink was when I was 19 — Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum & Diet Pepsi. Yuck. I don’t care for Diet Pepsi.
9. Where did you buy your first house? I am currently living in my first house in Washington state.
10. When did you start your first blog? I began my blog over in Diaryland on 27 March 2000. I’m backing up my archives here in WordPress, so you can read it over here if you care to.
Now your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to be like the cool kids and fill out this meme too!!