I too have been tagged!! I have been asked to share the five blogs/diaries that inspire me and my writing! Gee, thanks, YankeeChick! You say such nice things about me, and then you tag me?
Tee hee. Just kidding. I really have nothing else to write about, so this is actually a good thing.
1. I would have to say that I am really inspired by Art. He’s been through so much in his life, yet he’s managed to pull himself up by his bootstraps and make a great life for himself. He’s also a great friend, always willing to give me a cyber “hug” and talk me out of a funk over an instant message. He’s funny, he’s creative, and he’s got a most adorable kitty. What more could you ask for?
2. Though I haven’t been reading her for very long at all, I am choosing CardioGirl. I think I had run across her a while ago, but I forgot to add her to my list and therefore completely forgot about her (I have an awful memory). Then she was thrown my way again, and I am so glad she was. She is an awesome writer. It doesn’t matter whether she’s writing about her love of Converse sneakers or venting about what’s got her down; she has an amazing writing style. She’s also become a friend of mine, willing to lend an ear and give gentle advice. And for that, I am immensely grateful.
3. I’ve been reading Fi (or PseudoWife, formerly AllegedWife on Diaryland) for quite some time. I can’t remember how I found her, but the more I read her, the more I liked her. She’s another one that’s more than willing to help me out when I need it. There have been times when I’ve really been down in the dumps, whining (or “whinging,” as she would say in her Aussie English) about my life, and she’s made sure I see the beautiful things in my life. She, too, is a wonderful writer, though we Americans frequently have to ask for a translation, like the time she rooted for the English rugby team and we had no idea what in the world she was going on about (“Carn the Poms!”). Plus I have a soft spot in my heart for her, as she has two daughters and a son-in-law in the Aussie Army.
4. I have no idea when I found CatieCake (formerly Simplify of Diaryland), but I am definitely inspired by her. She is a gorgeous lady, with an amazing sense of personal style and home decor. She’s also a fellow shutterbug, and I am always getting ideas from her beautiful photos. She has also been meeting with a life coach and shares some of the tips with her readers. Sometimes they really made me think and ponder, and I think my life has been enriched for it.
5. And last but certainly not least would be our own resident chocolate-lover extraordinaire, Miss Chaos the Javelina Hunter. She’s another one who’s more than willing to give me advice when I need it, either with my husband or my daughter. She makes me feel that I’m going in the right direction with Grace. Also her diary entries are full of her baking such yummy treats to sell in her bakery; I can almost taste them sometimes! She also inspires me to bake, which is a feat in itself. So I thank her highly for that.
I also want to mention my sister, Michele. I think a lot of people take their siblings for granted, but for us we had very different childhoods. We didn’t live together much, at least not in my memory. And when we did live together, we were so far apart in age and maturity that we only really inhabited the same house. But now that we’re adults, we’ve become good friends. And it’s nice to know that I can pick up the phone any time I want to, and she’ll be on the other end.
So, there you have it. If you’re on my blogroll, you have inspired me in some way, and for that I thank every one of you.