I have won an award!!
Premio Dardos means “prize darts” in Italian and is awarded for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values in the form of creative and original writing. The rules are as follows:
1. Accept the award by pasting the graphic on your blog along with the name of the person who granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2. Pass the award to up to 15 blogs that are worthy of acknowledgment, remembering to contact each blogger so they know they have been selected
Well. I don’t know about all that, but I can certainly pass this along to some of my favorite blogs! I would give it to Terri T. as well, but since she’s already gotten it, she’s rather off-limits.
So let’s get on with it. In no particular order, I give this award to:
1. CardioGirl: An excellent writer whose posts run the gamut from informative (her various reviews on As Seen On TV products) to thought-provoking (her weekly feature on the Book of Questions) to absolute hilarity (a spot-on post about the trials and tribulations of potty training).
2. Elle: She keeps me in utter stitches, and the way she writes about mundane events, like her son trying to act sick to get out of school for a day, is absolutely wonderful.
3. Cocoabean: A recent transplant to California, writing about the insane things customers try to pull over on her at the Depot of Home. A quiet woman, yes, but one with a heart of gold.
4. Poolagirl: A woman who marches to the beat of her own drummer. She doesn’t ever do something because “everyone else is”; instead she follows her heart.
5. SleepyJane: A woman from South Africa who’s far more wonderful than she gives herself credit for. Plus she has a handsome boyfriend and the two most adorable dachshunds I have ever seen.
6. KitchenLogic: A Minnesotan, eh! She writes with real wit and vigor. I would seriously love to meet her in real life. And she’s a redhead too! What’s not to love?
7. BitterwineUK: From the UK, a mom of two who is pregnant with her third. We just chatted for the first time on Facebook, and it was like we’d been friends for always.
8. The Purple Chai: A librarian from New Jersey, I think I want to be The Purple Chai when I grow up. I love the stories she tells about her family and of growing up in a very close, extended family.
9. Cosmic: She is simply hilarious. She’s always ready to laugh and make others laugh. I don’t think I stopped grinning the entire time I visited with her a few months ago.
10. Aimeepalooza: Oh how I enjoy Aimee. She’s never one to fall in line with everyone else. She has very strong opinions, but they are always well-researched and well-thought-out. I always see something in a different light after she’s discussed it. She would do anything for her kids, but also tells the most hilarious stories on what her customers at the bar will try to pull on her.
If you’ve never heard of some of these blogs, I highly recommend them! Check them out. They are more than worthy of any award that could be bestowed upon them.
And thanks again, Terri! You’re the best!